PDA

View Full Version : PC g5 Case Ripoff

adamfilip
Apr 29, 2004, 11:11 AM
check this out

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=2040

stoid
Apr 29, 2004, 11:14 AM
Now there's something new. A ****ty looking PC rip-off of Apple. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

powerbook4me
Apr 29, 2004, 11:19 AM
Gah, who would want that? The G5 case is ugly as hell.

Rower_CPU
Apr 29, 2004, 11:23 AM
Lian-Li typically makes decent looking aluminum PC cases, but this ain't one of them.

Mav451
Apr 29, 2004, 11:27 AM
Lol. This is one ugly one, and worse, I thought it was a myth/rumor, but this actually is really a Lian-Li. If you know any custom PC builders, they usually like Lian Li for its quality (but high cost)...

Very disappointing coming from them.

britboy
Apr 29, 2004, 11:32 AM
Lian-Li typically makes decent looking aluminum PC cases, but this ain't one of them.

Agreed. I have a Lian-Li case myself. It's one of the better-looking pc cases out there. This rip-off however looks horrible.

markoibook
Apr 29, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hey thats great - even has space for a floppy drive!

Whatever one of those is....
;)

Marko

Krizoitz
Apr 29, 2004, 01:05 PM
Didn't this and a couple others appear in thread awhile back?

Rower_CPU
Apr 29, 2004, 01:16 PM
Didn't this and a couple others appear in thread awhile back?

There have been others, but this is a new one - check the article date on Anandtech.

ddtlm
Apr 29, 2004, 02:39 PM
The pictures on the second page look a heck of a lot better. The lighting was poor on the first page. In the correct lighting I'm not sure that it looks any better or worse than a G5 case... same materials and general shape. Course the G5 case isnt exactly pretty.

Krizoitz
Apr 29, 2004, 07:15 PM
There have been others, but this is a new one - check the article date on Anandtech.

the article is new but the cases aren't, here is the earlier thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=62383&highlight=G5+case+rip

Rower_CPU
Apr 29, 2004, 07:23 PM
the article is new but the cases aren't, here is the earlier thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=62383&highlight=G5+case+rip

You're right - I hadn't seen that thread.

The cases still aren't out yet, hence Anandtech's "exclusive" review. The pics must have leaked 2 months ago.

sluthy
Apr 29, 2004, 07:56 PM
It could have been a lot worse, but at least they got the hole pattern right. Still not as complete as Apple's (don't really think any other case designer can).

Great, turn the internals upside down, so the heat from the power supply can rise up and through the rest of the system, swell. :rolleyes:

Abstract
Apr 30, 2004, 12:38 AM
It looks quite like a G5 tower case, but not quite, and it definitely isn't as good looking. However, its not bad-looking, and some people are really giving it a hard time for no reason. :rolleyes:

All the drives are ugly, though. The ports at the bottom of the case are useful, but they also make the case look ugly.

Rod Rod
Apr 30, 2004, 02:05 AM
It's a 10-page review of a new case design with absolutely no mention of the Power Mac G5. That's insane.

ddtlm is right, on the second page it doesn't look quite as ugly as on the first. but I disagree with everyone who says the G5 is unattractive. :)

this lian-li case would look much better if all five of the 5 1/4" drive bays in front were populated with optical drives. that might inspire envy from Mac lovers.

the wheels look crazy too. I wonder though, if PC people are more or less likely to keep their computers on the floor, compared to Mac users.

Darwin
Apr 30, 2004, 02:53 AM
Are those wheels on the bottom?

I can't see them holding the weight of something like that :D