Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLK MAGIC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
I use iCal on my mac, but I cant see where the items I have in my to-do list show up on the iphone. They are not in the Calender app on my iphone. Whats the deal?

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

They don't sync up yet. Hopefully we will see this in the iPhone 3.0 update.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
To-do items are iCal's main weakness in my opinion. I use ToDo by Appigo on my iPhone. It is a great program, and it syncs with Remember the Milk & Toodeldoo.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I have 10.5.6 on my mac.. will I still see it?

I don't understand why you're asking that, the reply you quoted has the answer: OS X 10.5.7 will be required for notes/todo syncing. It's not out yet, but should be out very soon.

OS 3.0 for the iPhone should be out in June.

BLK MAGIC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
I don't understand why you're asking that, the reply you quoted has the answer: OS X 10.5.7 will be required for notes/todo syncing. It's not out yet, but should be out very soon.

OS 3.0 for the iPhone should be out in June.

Im asking that becuase I wanted to know if it would also work with 10.5.6, lol. Didnt know my post was that cryptic. :confused:

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
With the GM circulating around and the release set for a few days from now, what's the status of iCal todos and the iPhone? Does there still seem to be a consensus that the best approach is to take a third-party to-do list that integrates with iCal on the desktop in order to have iCal todos AND iPhone todos all synced up?

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
With the GM circulating around and the release set for a few days from now, what's the status of iCal todos and the iPhone? Does there still seem to be a consensus that the best approach is to take a third-party to-do list that integrates with iCal on the desktop in order to have iCal todos AND iPhone todos all synced up?

I don't think they do. They have no app to sync to on the iPhone.

no they dont sync. i was hoping it did but nope. thats why i found this thread to see what was out there. ill try appigo lite.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I tried this last night, and I had no luck getting the items to sync. The desktop client locked up, and the iPhone app didn't sync to or from the desktop.

I'll try again later, but now it's not looking too promising. I wish MobileMe offered something like this, but I guess we're still waiting for that...

mikejtl

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Now that 3.0 is officially out, is there any word on whether iCal to do list items sync to the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.