PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Ipods on the way.

1macker1
Apr 29, 2004, 02:52 PM
wonder what they have in planned for the 4th generation.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=439

keysersoze
Apr 29, 2004, 03:14 PM
wonder what they have in planned for the 4th generation.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=439

Maybe they'll release it in a pseudo-test batch like the mini :rolleyes:

Here's to a better iPod :)

mms
Apr 29, 2004, 10:58 PM
I hope they release it soon. I would buy one as soon as it comes out. I was hoping for a release Wednesday at the anniversary of iTMS but I was disappointed... looking forward to WWDC now.

Duff-Man
Apr 29, 2004, 11:16 PM
Duff-Man says... I have a 5GB that I bought the first day they went on sale...it is about full at the moment. While everyone always seems to talk about video ojn the ipod, I would much ather see all Apple's efforts go into battery technology - lets get some *really* long life into these things (although I must say I have not had any issues with bad battery charging with mine, even after daily use since day one...). If they release new ipods, I will consider upgrading mine, but only after I see what the early reports are.....oh yeah!

thehuncamunca
Apr 30, 2004, 12:15 AM
unfortunately, unless apple switches to flash memory, lower powered hard drives, or increases the size of the iPod, the battery life really can't be increased the ipods already use the best rechargeable batteries around

i think the size of the iPods is fine, if apple can find a way to fit an internal mic or FM radio inside the current case that would be cool
a color screen might be nice for a higher end iPod maybe have 20Gb 30Gb as the low end with the current screens and a 40GB ipod with a color screen with movie playback capacity ability to show pictures too

Duff-Man says... I have a 5GB that I bought the first day they went on sale...it is about full at the moment. While everyone always seems to talk about video ojn the ipod, I would much ather see all Apple's efforts go into battery technology - lets get some *really* long life into these things (although I must say I have not had any issues with bad battery charging with mine, even after daily use since day one...). If they release new ipods, I will consider upgrading mine, but only after I see what the early reports are.....oh yeah!

JFreak
Apr 30, 2004, 01:05 AM
if apple can find a way to fit an internal mic or FM radio

that won't happen. apple is all about "quality" and "digital" and your proposals are neither. if there some day is a radio in ipod, that will definetely be the digital successor.

rosalindavenue
Apr 30, 2004, 06:09 AM
How does Dell get twice the (advertised) battery life of the ipod in a HD based player? I guess their player is a little larger? I've not seen a dell player in person...

stoid
Apr 30, 2004, 06:45 AM
How does Dell get twice the (advertised) battery life of the ipod in a HD based player? I guess their player is a little larger? I've not seen a dell player in person...

Dell's size specs on the 15GB DDJ: Dimensions: 4.1" x 2.7" x 0.86"

Apple's size specs on the 15GB iPod: 4.1'' by 2.4'' by 0.62''

I attached a graphic to illustrate the difference in size. Since the height is the same, it compares width and depth, and you can clearly see a difference (the iPod is the white rectangle, and Dell is the blue one)