PDA

View Full Version : Broadcasting iTunes via FM broadcaster?

Sweetfeld28
Apr 29, 2004, 05:32 PM
Maybe that wasn't the right question, but this is what i would like to be able to do:

First off i work less than a mile from my house, and was wondering while i was at work if there is away to broadcast my itunes songs over the FM spectrum. I know you can do this with the iPod, but i don't have one yet. I saw something on The ScreenSavers awhile ago in which PC users can plug their computer into a broadcaster, they would then be able to listen to their music on a channel below 91.0 on the FM dial. I was just wondering if there is something that will let me do this for the mac, so i can listen to my own music while i am at work. BTW, this broadcaster would have to be able to broadcast at least a mile or less.

Any input would be appreciated.

Brettla
Apr 29, 2004, 06:22 PM
You can buy FM transmitters, but if you are trying to broadcast one mile or farther the transmitter will be expensive, it would probably be cheaper to buy an iPod to carry the music on and a set of speakers to use them on where you work.

Sweetfeld28
Apr 30, 2004, 09:22 AM
You can buy FM transmitters, but if you are trying to broadcast one mile or farther the transmitter will be expensive, it would probably be cheaper to buy an iPod to carry the music on and a set of speakers to use them on where you work.

i guess you maybe right. After i posted yesterday i found some transmitters that would work, but they cost around $600-700. I guess i will have to wait until i buy my iPod, and get the FM transmitter too.

jeremy.king
Apr 30, 2004, 09:39 AM
You can broadcast over the internet with this nice piece of software.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/