PDA

View Full Version : Apogee Duet owners: Is there something loose inside my unit?

juhani
May 10, 2009, 09:31 PM
Hi guys. Could you please check one thing out for me if you've got Apogee Duet as well?

The thing is that the other day I noticed that when I turn my Duet upside down, while holding it in the air of course, then I can hear some kind of click (mechanical) as if something was loose in the unit. So all I want to know is whether you guys hear it as well with your Duet?

Now, keep in mind that the sound is ever so slight, but I hear it most clearly when I turn my Duet 90º, raise it next to my ear and give it a slight shake. Then it sounds as if there was some screw or bolt loose inside. Thought it would be wise to ask you guys as well before going for my screwdriver to check it out myself…

Thanks in advance,
J.

Benguitar
May 11, 2009, 09:40 AM
The clicking noise that you hear, I believe is the same clicking noise that you hear when you plug the device in. I think it is some piece that Apogee designed to turn on/off, mute/unmute, and change input channels on the device.

I tried rotating my Duet and I hear the slightest click as well. I wouldn't worry about it. I believe it is like when you turn on your powered monitors you hear that "pop/puff" sound of them turning on.

Contact Apogee if it is really bothering you.

Contact Apogee (http://new.apogeedigital.com/company/contact.php)

:cool:

juhani
May 11, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I was hoping for the same thing… that it must be connected with the clicks the unit makes when it's on. But it's still great relief to know that I don't have to start messing with some kind of warranty thing. So thanks indeed for checking this out for me.

Contact Apogee if it is really bothering you.

No it's not bothering any more, as long as the click should be there. Yet, it would be still interesting to see what's inside that mysterious silver box…