PDA

View Full Version : AirPort Adapter for iMacDV?

nintendo1138
Apr 30, 2004, 08:30 PM
I got the adapter on Ebay for 5 bucks...but it don't work...just take the 20 bucks and don't trust the Dlink **** like I know everyone tries.

tomf87
Apr 30, 2004, 08:34 PM
I got the adapter on Ebay for 5 bucks...but it don't work...just take the 20 bucks and don't trust the Dlink **** like I know everyone tries.

He's not referring to anything made by D-Link. It's an adapter that allows an Airport card to be installed into an older iMac.

TEG
Apr 30, 2004, 09:34 PM
The Adapter in Question was made, because oringinally, the Airport was not going to be a PCMCIA card, but a proprietary card of similar size. Once the Cost Factor was figured, and the PCMCIA card were chosen. The problem was many Powerbooks and iMacs had already shipped with the new port. Apple Designed an adapter, and that is the one in question. Thankfully, the adapter comes with most new "old" Airport Cards. Infact I have one kicking around at home, I think. If you can't get one with the Airport Card, talk to a local Apple Authorized Reseller, they probabily have hundreds just lying around.

TEG

tdhurst
Apr 30, 2004, 09:36 PM
It's just a special piece of plastic. No big deal, and it's still internal.

nintendo1138
May 1, 2004, 05:09 AM
I know what adapter he's talking about Tom, i was mearly encouraging him to actually buy the adapter rather then take the shorter(Cheaper sometimes) road with 3rd party crap.