PDA

View Full Version : how to run my gameboy emulator??

emulatorcreator
Apr 30, 2004, 06:54 AM
:confused:

i reasently downloaded two gameboy emulators for os x (10.3.1):
"visualboy advance" and "boycott advance".

itīs the first time i try to play emulator games and it just doesnīt work. i downloaded several games like: #GBADev Promo Demo by Mic (PD).gba, gbasys.bin, Tron VB by Pat Daderko, ...
just some games i found to test if the emulators work. but when i want to run the games nothing happens - black screen only.

what kind of files (games) do i have to download, do i have to put them in a certain folder in the emulator folder, ... ?

i am very grateful for any suggestion,
tom

Danrose1977
Apr 30, 2004, 07:48 AM
This isn't really the place to discus console emulation and downloading games. Your best off looking for a site specifically about emulation and Romz.

jxyama
Apr 30, 2004, 08:05 AM
This isn't really the place to discus console emulation and downloading games. Your best off looking for a site specifically about emulation and Romz.

discussing emulation isn't a problem, i believe...

anyway, try KiGB. http://www.bannister.org/software/kigb.htm

just run the app and open the ROM. ROMs do not need to be in a specific folder or anything, afaik.

if KiGB can't run your ROMs, then there's problem with your ROMs. look around... ;)

applekid
Apr 30, 2004, 03:28 PM
Emulatorcreator is talking about GBA emulation. Head over to Emuscene.com and join the forums. We'll help you over there.