PDA

View Full Version : iphone screen repair question

billyjoegibsonx
May 12, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hi,

i've posted a couple of threads before, but no one seems to be answering my question. I have one simple question i need answered:

I have cracked the glass on my iphone 3g o2 payg phone. i don't want to take it to apple shop, and i dont mind about voiding my warranty by fixing it my self. the phone works perfectly fine, but i just want rid of the horrible cracks all over my screen.

so my question is:

would it be easier to fix my phone by just buying a new front replacement piece of glass for my iphone or buying a replacement front glass & digitizer?

because i have watched videos on youtube and it shows people having to take all the glass out the frame after melting the glue and then using double sided tape to hold the new piece of glass down.

so would it make it alot easier to buy the glass & digitizer ?

thanks very much

FiXPOD
May 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
The glass only is rubbish. The glass is glued to the digitiser and there is no way to remove it without damaging the digitizer and also maintaining the appearance of the iPhone. Double sided tape would look awful!

Make sure you get a decent quality one if you buy the parts yourself though. Some of the aftermarket stuff out there is complete rubbish.