Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgbhat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2009
How do we detect if the dialled party has picked up the call?
Could you please let me know where to look for appropriate documentation.

Thank you!

BlackWolf

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2009
well, I guess you could estimate it. store the time when the application is interrupted, and afaik the application gets relaunched after the call is finished. if only little time has passed you can assume that the call failed ... but of course that's not always true.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Your app can't talk to the phone app. Once your app exits for a phone call, it stops running. Your app is just passing a message to the phone app telling it to make a call, your app isn't actually making the call.

Niiro13

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2008
Illinois
The best you can do is know when a phone call came in while your application is open. In applicationWillResignActive:, you typically save data so when it returns to your application after the call, the user doesn't lose their data.

cgbhat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2009
if I need to record a conversation, how do I know that the call has actually gone through?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
if I need to record a conversation, how do I know that the call has actually gone through?

You would have to start the app AFTER you make and connect to the call. You can record your end of the conversation, I'm not sure if you can record the person on the other end though, I doubt it. If call recording were allowed, there'd probably be a dozen or more call recording apps in the App Store. Some states have laws strictly prohibiting recording phone calls without consent of the other party. So an app like this would be illegal in many areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.