PDA

View Full Version : iWeb question

Soundhound
May 12, 2009, 01:51 PM
I have a couple of iWeb sites up, which I've done on my iMac at home. They are all listed in the iWeb app on that Mac. I need to put up a new site, and will have more time to do it at work. Can I do it on my laptop at work? Will it conflict in any way with the sites I've built (and continue to update) from my iMac at home?

If that will work: once I've built it on my laptop, is there a way to transfer it to my iMac at home?

Many thanks.

angelwatt
May 12, 2009, 03:17 PM
iWeb works from a site.domain file (I think, I'm not at my Mac) which is located at ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb (again, not 100% on location). You should be able to take that file with you and work on it. I'd be sure to use the same version of iWeb though to avoid compatibility issues. I haven't done this myself, but I believe it should work for you.

Soundhound
May 12, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks! I was wondering about the version issue actually. I have iWeb '08 on the laptop (and can't change it, the computers are setup/maintained by the IT dept at work) and I have iWeb 09 on my imac at home. It might be best for me to publish the site at home.

Can I create it on the iWb 08 at work, and transfer that file to the iMac at home running 09 and publish it from there perhaps?

iWeb works from a site.domain file (I think, I'm not at my Mac) which is located at ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb (again, not 100% on location). You should be able to take that file with you and work on it. I'd be sure to use the same version of iWeb though to avoid compatibility issues. I haven't done this myself, but I believe it should work for you.

angelwatt
May 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
Can I create it on the iWeb 08 at work, and transfer that file to the iMac at home running 09 and publish it from there perhaps?
Haven't done it myself, and from this thread (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9399452&tstart=0), it seems like at least some people have had problems transitioning their 08 site to 09.