Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Hey everyone, i'm going to buy a new 15" pb in about a month and was wondering if it was possible to mix and match hardware. I know how on the apple website it gives you pretty much pre-selcted options, like you can have this video card or that one. this hard drive or that one. and they correspond to the PB like the 15" superdrive can only have a minimum of 512 ram and a minimum of an 80 gig hard drive. Is there any way to make is so that i could get the 1.5 ghz processor and not have to put atleast 512 ram and atleast an 80 gig hd and other things as well?

unless you are able to find a dealer who is willing to change what the base unit comes with ur out of luck. i dont think the apple store online allows you to downgrade less than 512 or less than 80 gb in their BTO.

that being said, if you have a 1.5 u might as well get lots of ram and a big hd to really see the performance rock

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I'm planning on keeping the 80 gig hd and putting in close to a gig of ram but the thing is, is that i don't want to pay the apple stores rediculous prices on ram. i'm planning on buying it from somewhere else, and sticking double the amount of ram in for half the price. plus i really want the 128 mb video card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.