Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brdgolf1

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Hello All,

I am having a hard time coming up with a name for my new app. The app just went live today and its called "My Kids Lists". This app is an information manager for Parents to keep track of their Kids important information. You can find it in the Productivity section of the App Store. I was all set to go with the name "My Kids Info" until I found that there was one up there already called this.

I will give away a free $10 iTunes gift card to the person who has the best name suggestion for my app. If possible, I would like to keep the word Kid in the name.

Please include your email with your suggestion. You can either post the suggestion here or send it to info@mobilesimplified.com

UPDATE: I will be going through all the name suggestions this evening and announcing the winner tomorrow. Thanks for all the great suggestions. Some of these are really cool.

Check out the app screens at my website: http://www.mobilesimplified.com (click on the "My Kids Lists" icon). This will give you a good feel for what the app does.

Thanks

:):):):):):):):):):)

Wow, thank you for all the great suggestions. Some of the names that made it to the top of the list were:
* My Kids (but this is already used on iTunes)
* Dude, where's my Kids (This one was my daughters favorite)
* Kidderific
* Kidtastic
* Just Kiddin'
* Got Kids? (Turns out someone has a patent on this name).

And the Winner is:
:):):):) Kahnyl with: "Kids" :):):):)
Its simple, short and yet has a dual meaning that is appropriate: Kid Information DatabaseS which is really what this app is.

Thanks again to all who participated. I think I am going to do this for all of my applications from now on.

If anyone has any suggestions for features or changes to the app. I am very open to listening. An app that starts out with community support can only get better.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
Whippertracker.

Whippersnapper - what you sometimes call kids
Tracker - to keep track of everything.

If you want to contant me, use PM, I have a different e-mail for my US account as to my contact e-mail so if I listed it here you wouldn't get hold of me. :)

BG-Mac

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Email sent.

Kid Manager - My Kid Manager - iKid Manager

Nothing fancy but it gets the point across to parents browsing the app store. Good luck!

matasar

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
Kid Kontrol
Kid Minder
Kid Rekall
Kid Memory
Kid Kontacts
Kideriffic
(Ok, is this really worth $10 to me?...)

akame

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2009
I think list is not appropriate as not everything is a list.

Here is my suggestions:
1. Everything about My Kids.
2. Precious Sweet Kids PIM.
3. My Kids Personalized.
4. My Life, My Kids.
5. Children is My Life.
6. Keeping Track of My Precious.
7. My Kids Info in A Snap.
8. Stay Close to My Kids.
9. Kids Frenzy
10. Mum's Best Friend.
11. Parents' Love for Kids.
12. My Kids' Data Safe

it will be good to have a password option as you don't want strangers to pry over the details of your kids.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.