Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewm9145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
I have a white macbook that i recieved a few years back it works great and plan on using it for a few years foward. However i recently purchased two samsung 24 inch monitors to plug in. i have it hooked up with a cable spliter and all is well except that the two monitors both display the same image and i cant find a way to change that. What are my options for both screens to be different. hopefully options on the less expensive side considering i spent all my money on these monitors

tbae12

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2008
Go to the preferences panel, click on displays, then click on the arrangement tab and uncheck the mirror displays box.

andrewm9145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
it doesnt show that as a choice to click

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    45 KB · Views: 75

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
I have a white macbook that i recieved a few years back it works great and plan on using it for a few years foward. However i recently purchased two samsung 24 inch monitors to plug in. i have it hooked up with a cable spliter and all is well except that the two monitors both display the same image and i cant find a way to change that. What are my options for both screens to be different. hopefully options on the less expensive side considering i spent all my money on these monitors

The reason they're showing the same image is because that's all you're outputting.

The splitter cable doesn't "split" the signal into two distinct halves, it merely doubles it, sending the same thing out to each head.

The Matrox DualHead2Go is an option to do what you want with the Digital model and Mini-DVI to DVI.

andrewm9145

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
alright thats what it seems the only answer is, the matrox looks pretty good do you know of any issues with it. better yet will it work with two screens at 1600 x 1200?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
alright thats what it seems the only answer is, the matrox looks pretty good do you know of any issues with it. better yet will it work with two screens at 1600 x 1200?

Their specs page tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about resolutions/outputs, read around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.