Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2009
I bought an Ipod Touch after my Nano started skipping most of my tune list BUT after I got Touch from Amazon I learned I had to update my computer to XP. Tried to upgrade to XP and all hell broke loose on my computer. Had to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install. Everything is good EXCEPT when I went to "restore" my itunes purchases it only transfers them on to my Itunes library NOT my Itouch because I lack "authorization."

How does one go about getting their previous Itunes purchases moved to a new Ipod? It seems weird I can get them on my computer but not on my Ipod. Help!

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
This happened to me this morning when I upgraded to win7. I had to deauthorize all computers then authorize the one I was on.
Everything from there transfered fine.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I bought an Ipod Touch after my Nano started skipping most of my tune list BUT after I got Touch from Amazon I learned I had to update my computer to XP. Tried to upgrade to XP and all hell broke loose on my computer. Had to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install. Everything is good EXCEPT when I went to "restore" my itunes purchases it only transfers them on to my Itunes library NOT my Itouch because I lack "authorization."

How does one go about getting their previous Itunes purchases moved to a new Ipod? It seems weird I can get them on my computer but not on my Ipod. Help!

In the Store menu (at the top of the iTunes window), select 'Authorize computer' and type in your iTunes username and password.

miguelo

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2010
problem

:mad:my i pod touch has been lock to iTUNES.even if i turn off my ipod the i TUNES always pop out.now i cant even use any other program in my i pod.if someone know what to do in my ipod pls send me your comment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.