Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Works great, and I understand it is experimental. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues.

First one is Expose - goes a bit crazy. If other people are experiencing this, great (means Parallels will be aware of it and fix it at some point down the line) or if it's just me then I can look into it.

p7_expose.png

Second is that Parallels Tools seems to have overwritten the Boot Camp drivers for the keyboard. I have Windows 7 on my Boot Camp partition (installed, then put in my OS X disc to install the drivers etc) and the keyboard F key shortcuts etc worked fine. Then I installed Parallels Tools and now they don't work.. There is still the Boot Camp config box in the Windows 7 preferences (under security or something silly like that) and I can enable tapping etc. Fn+F keys doesn't work either.

What happens if I install the Boot Camp drivers again..? Will Parallels Tools stop working?

Cheers. :)

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
I just installed Parallels (first time trying it) to run with my existing windows 7 boot camp.
it runs super slow - start up takes about 5 - 10 minutes. do you know what setting i should be using? ie. Windows version, ram setup, IDE etc.

windows 7 runs fine on bootcamp.
Im using a black macbook 2006 [2 GHz, 3gb Ram, 320gb HDD]

einstein4jc

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2009
same issue with expose

Kilamite, i'm having the same problem with expose and parallels, one day it worked fine, i don't know if it's something with the coherence mode or what... if you know somehow fix it, let me know. i'll do the same if i find something around that could help.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Works great, and I understand it is experimental. Just wondering if anyone else has these issues.

First one is Expose - goes a bit crazy. If other people are experiencing this, great (means Parallels will be aware of it and fix it at some point down the line) or if it's just me then I can look into it.

p7_expose.png

Second is that Parallels Tools seems to have overwritten the Boot Camp drivers for the keyboard. I have Windows 7 on my Boot Camp partition (installed, then put in my OS X disc to install the drivers etc) and the keyboard F key shortcuts etc worked fine. Then I installed Parallels Tools and now they don't work.. There is still the Boot Camp config box in the Windows 7 preferences (under security or something silly like that) and I can enable tapping etc. Fn+F keys doesn't work either.

What happens if I install the Boot Camp drivers again..? Will Parallels Tools stop working?

Cheers. :)

I'd post this stuff to the Parallels support forums....that way they'll actually see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.