PDA

View Full Version : Authorization?

Skitz32
May 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
I bought an Itouch (replacing a dying nano) and couldn't use it because I needed to upgrade to XP. I tried to upgrade to XP and all hell broke loose. I had to do a clean install wiping out my hard drive. Everything got setup including my Itouch but now my PURCHASED Itunes, saved on to a CD, will only restored to my computer library and NOT my Itouch. A message keeps saying I don't have permission to use certain titles (47 or 56) on my computer at all. I'm confused. I purchased those songs just as I would have a 45 or a cd...why can't I put them on my updated computer and my new Ipod? I've told Itunes to authorize my computer and it did but nothing changed. Help!

May 14, 2009, 01:27 PM
You have probably used up all your authorizations. Try going into iTunes under the Advanced tab and clicking on deauthorize accounts then attempt to authorize you new iPod Touch.

yossim
May 14, 2009, 02:41 PM
The same thing happened to me too. What I did to fix it is de-authorize all the computers that I had authorized, and that did the trick. what nathanmuir said, except deauthorize the computers and not the account:D

May 14, 2009, 08:18 PM
de-authorize all the computers that I had authorized

Yes, this is what I meant, thanks.

steve knight
May 14, 2009, 08:33 PM
I would like to remove some of the old computers. but there is no way to do it under advanced. I have a choice to deauthorize audible account but that's it. under store I can remove this computer but it does not give me a list.

JediMeister
May 15, 2009, 02:51 AM
You do not get a list of registered/authorized computers. You have the option of deauthorizing all computers when you reach the 5-limit mark from your Account summary screen of the iTunes store; this can only happen once per year. Until you reach the 5 computer limit, you are only able to authorize/deauthorize the computer you are logged into and working upon. For more info, read over this page (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/authorization/).

steve knight
May 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
that makes sense. I have not reached that point yet.