PDA

View Full Version : Create a Sign Held by Iraqi Children

voicegy
May 1, 2004, 06:01 PM
This borders on tasteless, but I admit to having spent a little time playing with it. Someone has created a program that lets you put whatever text you want on the sign held by those kids posing in the desert with an American soldier. (I have no problem with this post ending up being wastelanded, closed, edited or moved - it may be harmless fun to some, but inappropriate humor to others) Or, it may have been posted elsewhere already - in that case, feel free to delete.

http://www.ryano.net/iraq/

IrishGold
May 1, 2004, 06:05 PM
LoL

I've run into these things before, but here is mine:

Doctor Q
May 1, 2004, 06:10 PM
The text insertion works nicely, although the "Save" feature didn't work for me, whatever it's supposed to do.

Sparky's
May 1, 2004, 06:14 PM
It would be interesting to see what the original sign said before the playing around.

voicegy
May 1, 2004, 06:24 PM
It would be interesting to see what the original sign said before the playing around.

The "back story" on the picture can be found here -
http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/soldier_guy/
where an update claims that the Marines have finished an investigation as to the original source of the photo, but they haven't yet made the results of it public. (strangely enough, as of this posting, the link to the investigation only shows that the article was not found or has expired)

Capt Underpants
May 2, 2004, 11:55 AM
I can't seem to et the image to go up.... but atleast i thought of a good one:

I'm the BOMB!
Literally...

voicegy
May 2, 2004, 12:34 PM
I can't seem to et the image to go up.... but atleast i thought of a good one:

I'm the BOMB!
Literally...

It is a bit annoying that the "save" feature doesn't work as it should. What I've done is to download the .jpg after I've created it.

superninjagoat
May 3, 2004, 02:48 PM

mnkeybsness
May 3, 2004, 03:11 PM
[:) CENSORED :)]

rdowns
May 9, 2004, 06:12 PM

Freg3000
May 9, 2004, 06:44 PM
rdowns:

Hilarious. I'd actually believe him before MOSR.... :D