PDA

View Full Version : AE base station and Linksys game adapter

senseibiz
May 2, 2004, 12:55 AM
Hello everyone, I have been going crazy trying to connect my Airport Extreme Base station with the Linksys game adapter to my xbox.
Here is my setup:
Modem-> AE Base station -> Powermac G5 Via Ethernet.
My ibook and emac have an Airport Extreme card.
( I set up the AEBS with my Ibook.)
so far I hooked up the internet on both ibook and emac.

The problem is the Linksys game adapter is not picking up the AEBS signal.

I been breaking my neck for 2 days trying to make this work. I called
xbox, apple, and Linksys. Linksys tell me that I have to configure the game
adapter to work with my ibook.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sensei

Celeron
May 2, 2004, 09:08 AM
Which game adapter do you have? Linksys makes two, a 802.11B and a 802.11G version. If you have the 802.11B version (Linksys WGA11B) make sure your base station is configured to support both B and G wireless. Otherwise, your Xbox won't be able to connect.

senseibiz
May 2, 2004, 10:50 AM
Which game adapter do you have? Linksys makes two, a 802.11B and a 802.11G version. If you have the 802.11B version (Linksys WGA11B) make sure your base station is configured to support both B and G wireless. Otherwise, your Xbox won't be able to connect.

I have the Wireless B Game adapter.
In the AE options, I have the 802.11 b/g mode.

Celeron
May 2, 2004, 11:48 AM
Have you configured the game adapter for the correct channel? I notice on the Linksys website and in their user guide that you need to instruct the game adapter as to which channel your base station is operating on. Also, have you checked to make sure the crossover switch on the game adapter is set correctly? If you have the correct channel entered, try switching this switch to see if it helps.

Also, are you running any kind of encryption on your base station? You may have to turn it off in order to configure the adapter. Check out the user guide here: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wga11b_ug.pdf It seems to have a bunch of helpful info.

senseibiz
May 3, 2004, 10:45 AM
I finally got it to work, all I had to do is turn the security on the AE off.
Thanks for your responses.