PDA

View Full Version : 99% battery showing when charged.

Ryan McCanical
May 2, 2004, 12:27 PM
My battery on my powerbook seems to work fine, except it always shows 99% when fully charged. I really don't mind but I just want to make sure that this is how it is supposed to be. Thanks!

Diatribe
May 2, 2004, 12:44 PM
My battery on my powerbook seems to work fine, except it always shows 99% when fully charged. I really don't mind but I just want to make sure that this is how it is supposed to be. Thanks!

I'm not sure that this is how it is supposed to be but mine does it too. Just noticed it today actually since I have it on showing the time.

Calvinatir
May 2, 2004, 12:49 PM
mines like that too, its normal and its been discussed before..it will even go down to 98 or 97 before charging

BrianKonarsMac
May 2, 2004, 12:50 PM
i dont have a laptop, but id assume turning it on and waiting for it to power up sucks up that 1%? or 99% is = to 100% in terms of the battery, dont really know.

Giaguara
May 2, 2004, 12:53 PM
it is normal.

Kukuriku
May 2, 2004, 01:11 PM
It started after I upgraded to 10.3.3, Eaven if PB is plugged for 3 days the battery level will drop for about 1% a day. Finnaly it will even drop at 94%
and it would't start charging. I called apple and was isued case # and was supposed to call back if the problem remains (after I was guideed to reset
CUDA on the main board)
Well, the problem is still here but I can't find a time to send it for repair.
I was conviced it was a software thing because it started happening right after I upgraded.....maybe it is soft.....
I don't know ???
Balé :confused:

arogge
May 2, 2004, 01:21 PM
My PowerBook battery refuses to recharge until the OS X battery indicator is below 95%, and sometimes it will claim to be charged from 94% to 100% after only a few seconds. This quick charge doesn't really recharge the battery, and it does drain faster because it's still at 94%. Let the battery drain to about 75% - watch a movie for an hour - and then recharge it.

Elan0204
May 2, 2004, 09:28 PM
Mine will drop to 94% while plugged in before it will recharge to 100%. This to keep from having short discharge cycles, which will lead to a reduction in the life of your battery. This is built into the software and is not an issue to be concerned about. Although, before Panther the lowest the charge would go was 95%, and now it is 94%, not really sure why. Here's Apple's explanation of what's going on, although they say 95%, not 94%.

Apple Knowledge Base Article (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88344)

abhishekit
May 2, 2004, 10:54 PM
its perfectly normal..i get 99% most of the time, and sometimes 100%

cheers

QCassidy352
May 3, 2004, 12:58 AM
first, it is not supposed to charge until it gets below 95%.

second, my PB also loses about 1% / 3 days when plugged in.

third, my PB does charge up to 100%, but very quickly drops to 99% (way before 3 days). It's nothing to worry about.

Mord
May 3, 2004, 12:38 PM
my ibook gets to 98% but i got a good batery it lasts for 5 hours 1/2 brightness

iBook
May 4, 2004, 12:15 AM
Same here.

My iBook will indicate, depending on the setting....

"charged" or

"99%"

My PowerBook would indicate 100%, but I've never seen that number on my iBook G4. BTW - I calibrated the battery within the first week of owning the iBook, per Apple's recommendation.

That said, the battery in my iBook is the longest-lasting battery I've ever used in a laptop. It doesn't sit squarely in the battery compartment, but I try to convince myself that doesn't matter.