PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Software

tayshon
May 15, 2009, 10:31 PM
I'm buying a new macbook for my husband with in the next couple of days. The only thing he wants form is old PC is his itunes library, which has over 2000 songs in it. When I brought my macbook I downloaded Music Rescue it worked fine for me. My husband has everything in his library a certain way. I'm looking for a software were it will bring over everything as is (etc playlists). I was just planning to save everything to his ipod a export it from there.

If anybody can help they would be great.
Thank You in Advance:)

ziggyonice
May 15, 2009, 10:34 PM
You can actually just copy the whole iTunes folder from the PC to the Mac, and it'll read it without any problem whatsoever. No additional software is needed.

To copy the files over, there are many ways to do it: connect an Ethernet cable between the two, use an external hard drive as a middleman, etc. As long as you take that iTunes folder from the PC, your Mac can boot right up to it. It's fully compatible, playlists and all. If you're getting your Mac from an Apple Store, I know they'll offer to transfer files from your PC to your Mac for free.

tayshon
May 16, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thank You I brought a passport hard drive, will be transferring the files later.