Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reese.reimers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
So I know this is a mac forum, but I figured I would come here to get some advice. I am currently on AT&T and have a first generation iPhone. I absolutely love the phone...but HATE the service. One moment I'll have full bars, and the next I wont have service. I vary rarely have service indoors and if I do I end up having to go outside because the call is breaking up so badly. So, long story short, I am probably going to end up switching to Verizon. The only thing really holding me back is their lack of a decent replacement for the iPhone. I was thinking about the Storm but I have seen so many poor reviews on it. So, I figured you guys would be a little more critical about what phone to replace the iPhone. Thanks

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
So I know this is a mac forum, but I figured I would come here to get some advice. I am currently on AT&T and have a first generation iPhone. I absolutely love the phone...but HATE the service. One moment I'll have full bars, and the next I wont have service. I vary rarely have service indoors and if I do I end up having to go outside because the call is breaking up so badly. So, long story short, I am probably going to end up switching to Verizon. The only thing really holding me back is their lack of a decent replacement for the iPhone. I was thinking about the Storm but I have seen so many poor reviews on it. So, I figured you guys would be a little more critical about what phone to replace the iPhone. Thanks
Don't replace the iPhone. Get one of these:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/9823/

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I understand the Storm 2 is coming out soon-ish. I can't say when but I hear it fixes some of the physical issues the first one had. Even with those issues the Storm 1 is a great still. If you don't like that the LG Dare is also quite nice and probably semi suitable replacement of the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.