PDA

View Full Version : Slain Ex-NFL Player's Memorabilia on EBay

Sparky's
May 2, 2004, 02:09 PM
I really think there are sickos out there. Let the guy R.I.P. I would boycott eBay, but I don't buy anything there anymore anyway. What levels of lowlifes would think this is warranted?

SAN JOSE, Calif. - Pat Tillman memorabilia have become hot items on the online auction site eBay. Some people are offended that sellers are trying to profit from the former NFL player who was killed in combat in Afghanistan

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=551&ncid=738&e=2&u=/ap/20040501/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_tillman_memorabilia

wdlove
May 2, 2004, 03:09 PM
I disagree with this practice also. It is just human nature for some among us to try to prosper on a tragedy. If there were not willing buyers there would be no auction. The buyers are just as guilty. :( :eek:

rainman::|:|
May 2, 2004, 08:18 PM
*yawn* this happens after any and all major news tragedies. no one should be surprised, especially after they were selling rubble from 9/11 the very next day...

unless it interferes with the investigation at hand, i don't see much to do... should we make it illegal to simply be morbid?

paul

IrishGold
May 2, 2004, 08:24 PM
Exactly.

Now back when the Shuttle debris was being auctioned, that was wrong.

This is just morally wrong.