PDA

View Full Version : TO:AoT announced for mac!

Draft
Jun 28, 2002, 08:49 PM
The release of Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror for the Mac has recently been announced. Now we won't have to compromise about audio bugs and the pain of installation.

Draft

job
Jun 29, 2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Draft
The release of Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror for the Mac has recently been announced. Now we won't have to compromise about audio bugs and the pain of installation.

Draft

lol. Although bmr.kuran (http://yggdral.com/aotguide/) does a pretty good job on showing you how to install AoT on your Mac.

Draft
Jun 29, 2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by hitman

lol. Although bmr.kuran (http://yggdral.com/aotguide/) does a pretty good job on showing you how to install AoT on your Mac.

Take a look at this:

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0206/28.tacops.php

Draft

Draft
Jun 29, 2002, 05:17 PM

No lie, Hitman.

It's posted all over the forums too. Look for yourself. Also, check the link that I posted above.

Draft

AlphaTech
Jul 1, 2002, 10:43 PM
I've found at least one fairly hefty flaw.

You cannot set a 'use' key, which makes it a royal pain when you get killed (which happens WAYYY too easy), since you have to wait forever to respawn. Maybe the next release will be better.

job
Jul 1, 2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Draft

No lie, Hitman.

It's posted all over the forums too. Look for yourself. Also, check the link that I posted above.

Draft

I think you missunderstood my previous post. I believe you. I read the Inside Mac Games article and even Shag's official statement in the forums. I just though it was funny that while there was no "official" support, sites like the one I linked to, provided more than amble support and instruction.

hitman

job
Jul 1, 2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by AlphaTech
I've found at least one fairly hefty flaw.

You cannot set a 'use' key, which makes it a royal pain when you get killed (which happens WAYYY too easy), since you have to wait forever to respawn. Maybe the next release will be better.

I'm not so sure about that. I was able to set my "use" key to "U." The option is simply in the keyboard control panel. I'll try and post a screenshot later.

AlphaTech
Jul 1, 2002, 11:22 PM

I'm not so sure about that. I was able to set my "use" key to "U." The option is simply in the keyboard control panel. I'll try and post a screenshot later.

Tried that, didn't work. BTW, I am NOT new to how UT works, and most of the time it just does. But this variation doesn't, at least it won't let me customize the keys as I really want. I had to change the directions from the arrows to my normal w s a d, so that I can use the keyboard/mouse combo easily.

job
Jul 1, 2002, 11:32 PM

Tried that, didn't work. BTW, I am NOT new to how UT works, and most of the time it just does. But this variation doesn't, at least it won't let me customize the keys as I really want. I had to change the directions from the arrows to my normal w s a d, so that I can use the keyboard/mouse combo easily.

Ah. ok. sorry. I'm still curious though, since I'm running a mod install of AoT with the retail maps. I followed the guide by bmr.kuran and everything seems to work fine. What AoT version/install are you using?

AlphaTech
Jul 1, 2002, 11:35 PM
I downloaded my copy... wasn't about to go out and purchase it before trying. Glad I did, since I really don't like it as much as UT... Can't wait for UT2003 to hit the shelves... That looks like it's gonna be a killer game, litterally. :D

job
Jul 1, 2002, 11:44 PM
I downloaded my copy... wasn't about to go out and purchase it before trying. Glad I did, since I really don't like it as much as UT... Can't wait for UT2003 to hit the shelves... That looks like it's gonna be a killer game, litterally. :D

Lets just pray to the Gods at Westlake to port it to the Mac. :)
Maybe this time with native Mac OS X support. :D