Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btnnaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
On 3.0 Beta 5 Att the button just isnt there anymore Ive had it this hole time since i updated to Beta 5 the first day it was available and now the button is gone! Anyone else?

arubinst

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
Happened to me as well. I've been trying to find the older version of iTunes in order to use the ipcc file again but I deleted the installer and I don't know where to get it.

ZbadhabitZ

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Likewise here. It's not a bug, just that it has been removed from this beta, likely because of people doing these hacks to try to get MMS working (and tethering, etc.). Even as a developer, I can't see why you need MMS. As far as I can tell, you don't have permissions to access or make use of the SMS app from your own interface, so there would be no reason to need MMS in the beta.

btnnaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
Likewise here. It's not a bug, just that it has been removed from this beta, likely because of people doing these hacks to try to get MMS working (and tethering, etc.). Even as a developer, I can't see why you need MMS. As far as I can tell, you don't have permissions to access or make use of the SMS app from your own interface, so there would be no reason to need MMS in the beta.

Well need it or not it is still a nice feature to have...And I have had it since the new beta Just today it went away which is like 1 week since i have installed beta 5

arubinst

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
Lausanne - Switzerland
Well need it or not it is still a nice feature to have...And I have had it since the new beta Just today it went away which is like 1 week since i have installed beta 5

True. I also had it since the first beta I tried (b3) and it just went away a couple of days ago. I had been using it with b5 without any problems.

I don't need MMS as a developer but I do use it on a regular basis as it is an important feature to me. I don't use AT&T (I don't live in the US) and my carrier charges me for each individual MMS. They seem to work ok here.

On the other hand, being a developer with the beta version of the OS also makes you a beta tester of the OS itself. And using such features is the only way to find bugs, report them and get them ironed out. I have already reported a bug that was corrected from b3 to b4. This thing had nothing to do with my own developments.

ZbadhabitZ

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2009
Apple did, however, make it clear that MMS would not be enabled at all during the beta period, so not sure why this is a surprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.