Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baddj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hello all.

I would like to ask what can i do and is this normal i got this macbook about 2 or so months ago and when you click on the on button i takes longer to turn on the screen and longer before it shows the apple logo and longer before it starting loading osx with that round loading thing-o. would it be that i have a lot of crap on my mac and need to format or is it something wrong with it?

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Hello all.

I would like to ask what can i do and is this normal i got this macbook about 2 or so months ago and when you click on the on button i takes longer to turn on the screen and longer before it shows the apple logo and longer before it starting loading osx with that round loading thing-o. would it be that i have a lot of crap on my mac and need to format or is it something wrong with it?

The first step solve all to slowness with the Mac: Run Disc Utility and repair your permissions.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
#3hotwords? lol. Damned twitter...

How long - give us the different parts in seconds. How fast was it roughly in seconds previously?

baddj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
#3hotwords? lol. Damned twitter...

How long - give us the different parts in seconds. How fast was it roughly in seconds previously?

Well when i first got it when i clicked the button the screen came on about 2 secs now its about 4 to 5 secs and the apple logo came up in like 3 secs now its more like 8 secs. and the loading thing came up about 3 secs now its more like 9 secs.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
You're just being nit picky :p

unless you're looking at 1.5 to 2 minutes startup time, you've got nothing to worry about.

Still, the startup time is affected mostly by how full your HD is. So if you can back up some stuff and clear it from your HD, you should see a small improvement.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Well when i first got it when i clicked the button the screen came on about 2 secs now its about 4 to 5 secs and the apple logo came up in like 3 secs now its more like 8 secs. and the loading thing came up about 3 secs now its more like 9 secs.

Wait...dude.

That's nothing. I thought you meant like, minutes of time passed...

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
I rarely ever use the power button. Sleep mode is way faster than cold starts, especially if you disable hibernate.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
if your that bothered, download Onyx and perform the Automation. I do it about once a month or so and good way of clearing crud off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.