Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esbern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2006
"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I get this error during the Windows 7 setup, right after I begin the installation (occurs in the middle of "step 1" of the two steps that Windows organizes the installation into)

Does anybody have a solution for this? I'm putting in the most recent Windows 7 release onto my mac, have a partition, etc. etc.....nothing seems to be working. Just seeing if anybody has a fix. Tomorrow (I've been trying to do this for a week and am going absolutely nuts) I'm going to but the Windows 7 iso onto my USB and see if that works grumble grumble

jodelli

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2008
Windsor, ON, Canada
There's this:
http://qna.live.com/ShowQuestion.aspx?qid=FF8D5ADBC1414212B6037E53E7CB98AF

I had a problem with my first Windows beta 7 dvd, and corrected it with a second burn.

My Windows 7 RC booted without a problem but I'd moved the .iso from the Mac it was downloaded to over the LAN to a PC with two drives and XP installed.
Burned the install disk from there and the subsequent install to the second HD went smoothly.

esbern

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2006
There's this:
http://qna.live.com/ShowQuestion.aspx?qid=FF8D5ADBC1414212B6037E53E7CB98AF

I had a problem with my first Windows beta 7 dvd, and corrected it with a second burn.

My Windows 7 RC booted without a problem but I'd moved the .iso from the Mac it was downloaded to over the LAN to a PC with two drives and XP installed.
Burned the install disk from there and the subsequent install to the second HD went smoothly.

yeah thats the conclusions i've seen too. i'm going to try burning it on a different machine today incase my DVD burner is being stupid for some reason.

cirobaja

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2009
i think everybody here solved their problem, as the topic is not being discussed anymore.....
the qna link isn't working, so let me ask you, did you all solved your problem reburning the dvd? i've tried burning in my mbp using disk utility, in a winXP using imgburn and a vista computer using roxio, and all have the same problem.... also, i've tried +r, -r, -rw with 1x, 4x and faster speeds... any ideas?

AdamL1313

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
When I did the install, I had to copy all the files from the install disc and make a new ISO using oscdimg.exe, which I was then burning to a DVD and trying the install. Before I figured out how to do that, the computer refused to boot from the disc. I kept getting the same error about a missing driver with my new discs, though, and after a long, long time and many wasted DVDs, I finally compiled the ISO and burned using only an actual PC (running XP), not XP running on my Mac. It worked perfectly after that for some reason.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.