Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yodgee

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Running bootcamp windows 7 RC 32bit on a UMB 2.4. Everything seems to be working fine in bootcamp except for when i try and adjust screen brightness. The screen comes up with that display showing im lowering or raising the brightness bars but windows does not respond. Anyone else experiencing this? Not a massive pain, but would be handy to lower the brightness a bit to save some battery.

Yodgee

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Yeh i know i should have installed 64bit. Just saw some people were having issues. But has anyone got this same issue ive experienced?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If u have updated the video drivers using windows update. Roll the driver back under device manager.

This is correct. The updated video drivers via Windows Update somehow disable this functionality. I rolled my driver back and can increase/decrease the brightness using the keyboard.

Yodgee

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
yeh did update the drivers. ill jump on now and roll them back. cheers for the assistance

Yodgee

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Rolled the driver back, brightness still not responding from the keyboard, however it can now be altered using the bootcamp control panel (did not work previously). Good enough for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.