PDA

View Full Version : Request: forum jumper

GeeYouEye
May 2, 2004, 11:18 PM
I know it was removed to save SQL queries, but now that the forums have been upgraded, can it be put back in? Just wondering...

Dippo
May 3, 2004, 05:42 AM
I know it was removed to save SQL queries, but now that the forums have been upgraded, can it be put back in? Just wondering...

Not to be sounding stupid, but what is a "forum jumper"?

crenz
May 3, 2004, 06:09 AM
Not to be sounding stupid, but what is a "forum jumper"?

It's the thing you wear when you post in a forum late at night.

:p

eyelikeart
May 3, 2004, 09:25 AM
:p dork...

It's a menu option we used to have that allowed u to go directly to a specific forum, rather than have to navigate up to the "Mac Forums" link each time to find the one u want. I've missed it, but got used to it not there myself.

Mr. Anderson
May 3, 2004, 09:29 AM
and it used to be at the bottom of the page, so when you posted a reply it was right there for you to go back to a forum or elsewhere without having to scroll up to hit new posts or navigate back to a particular forum.

it was nice and I'd love to see it again.

D

Dippo
May 3, 2004, 11:08 AM
It's a menu option we used to have that allowed u to go directly to a specific forum, rather than have to navigate up to the "Mac Forums" link each time to find the one u want. I've missed it, but got used to it not there myself.

Thanks for answering that.

And while we are one the topic of navigating the forums, why does the "more" link under "site comments" link to macrumors.com instead of the appropriate forum??

iBook
May 3, 2004, 09:40 PM
I've been wondering that, too. I recall that the link previously linked to the forum in question. If that capability could be re-instated, I, for one, would appreciate it.

PlaceofDis
May 5, 2004, 09:23 PM
since reading this thread a few days ago i have been browsing the forums as usual, but now i wish there was a way to jump forums and all that after i have posted... it would make life a little easier

rdowns
May 15, 2004, 05:09 PM
since reading this thread a few days ago i have been browsing the forums as usual, but now i wish there was a way to jump forums and all that after i have posted... it would make life a little easier

Create a bookmark to your user CP. Easy to navigate to your posts and replies.