Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macncheese =)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
California
I'm referring to the discount that usually begins in June and lasts until September...where last year you got a $300 rebate.

Can you purchase an iPod classic and also get the rebate? Or does it have to be a nano or a touch?

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
was it really $300? Wow!

anyhow, in the past you've been able to use the discount on any ipod you want. like, you could get a free nano, or pay the difference for a more expensive one.

macncheese =)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
California
anyhow, in the past you've been able to use the discount on any ipod you want. like, you could get a free nano, or pay the difference for a more expensive one.

I really hope you're right. If that's the case I'll probably get an iPod classic over the nano or touch..holds more than both and isn't as expensive as the touch.

Do you know if a refurb MBP can be applied to the discount? This has probably been asked before...

jnolas2

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Chicago, IL
From what I recall last year's promo was that you could either get the $199 iPod nano or the $299 iPod touch. I'm pretty sure the shuffle and the classic weren't eligible. You could buy any of the iPod touch models available at the time and use the $299 towards the more expensive models.

In previous years, I believe you were given I think a $150 (or maybe it was $199) rebate on the nano, but you could put that rebate towards the other iPod models that were available back then.

Until the promo is announced, you can't be sure which iPod models will be eligible.

And I don't believe refurb models are eligible. I think you have the get a new computer from the education store.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You also didn't have to cut the UPC code to sent the rebate in, because it was all electronic and Apple wanted to be environmentally friendly—I know a few people who returned the iPods for store credit after getting their rebates in a week and then buying an iPod classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.