PDA

View Full Version : Copying DRM Free Music to two different iPod's

MacAndy74
May 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
At the moment I have an iPod Nano but want to get an iPod Touch as soon as a new version comes out.

So I guess what I'm asking is, can iTunes copy the same music to both iPod's I own - or do I need to use a third party product like Senuti :confused: or something similar? Any suggestions? :o

r.j.s
May 19, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yes, you can sync them both to the same library.

MacAndy74
May 19, 2009, 08:34 PM
Yes, you can sync them both to the same library.

iTunes allows that!? :eek: Great :D ! I asked someone who I thought was knowledgeable and told me it couldn't be done.

r.j.s
May 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
iTunes allows that!? :eek: Great :D ! I asked someone who I thought was knowledgeable and told me it couldn't be done.

An iPod can only sync to one computer at a time, but a single computer can sync to unlimited iPods, AFAIK. There might be a limit, but I currently sync three to mine.

lostless
May 19, 2009, 09:12 PM
The new DRM free music is just that, DRM free and has no restrictions. You can use 1 ipod on many computers if you sync in manually. The only exception is the iPhone, which erases itself if you try to nab some music off another computer. You can also use as many ipods you wish with DRM free and the old non DRM music. There is no restrictions on the number of ipods otherwise Apple would not sell new ipods as often.

Tomorrow
May 19, 2009, 09:17 PM
I sync one 3G iPod, two Classics, a Nano, and an iPhone to the same library without a hitch.

FWIW, as I type this I have one Classic syncing via USB and the old 3G syncing via FW, at the same time. No issues.

MacAndy74
May 19, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for clarifying this for me everyone! Muchly appreciated.

alphaod
May 19, 2009, 10:00 PM
There is no limit.