PDA

View Full Version : Apple in-ear earphones with mic - problem

iann1982
May 20, 2009, 03:15 AM
Hi All,

I recently got a set of the new apple earphones and they've been great, just got a shuffle 4gb in addition to my iPhone and having the remote work fully has been excellent.

My problem with them is that the one of the little metal screw in end pieces has vanished, I was at the gym at the time when I noticed but I can only presume that it must have fallen out earlier as I couldn't find it anywhere.

Firstly, I'm a bit angry that this was able to just fall out, and secondly can you get replacements? The ear bud on that side now keeps falling off as there's not enough for it to grip to... angry times!

Thanks in advance..

ziggyonice
May 20, 2009, 03:17 AM
They should be covered under AppleCare (strange sounding, I know), but they come with a one-year warranty according to the booklet that comes with it. I'd probably give Apple a call to see if you can get them replaced.

Blackjack07
May 20, 2009, 03:22 AM
Ha, my plugs broke a while ago, and I broke them open to see how it looked inside. I didnt really know there was a warranty on that. Oh well, I use headphones mostly so I dont worry too much.
Funny though!

But yea, try calling or stopping by at a apple store. You should be able to tell them your problem, and they will offer you a new one, or another modem I believe.

B07

Stuipdboy1000
May 20, 2009, 05:42 AM
I'm sure there is a replacement set in the box the earphones came with, but if not just speak to Apple and they should be able to do something.

iann1982
May 20, 2009, 05:42 AM
Ace, really hope they'll replace them, they were great and I bought the Shuffle 4gb just on the basis they'd work together - been excellent for the gym!

Thanks people, I'll update after the weekend to say how it all works out.

iann1982
May 20, 2009, 06:29 AM
I'm sure there is a replacement set in the box the earphones came with, but if not just speak to Apple and they should be able to do something.

There is! thanks! wow, i'd never have known!!

Thanks again