Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leons

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I bought a used 3G....already have a cell phone under contract with Verizon, so only wanted/needed data.

After studying various forums ordered the Blackberry Data Only SIM from ATT. Works fine (have gotten a few of the "wrong plan" SMSs/emails, but all seems ok).

When I ordered, the phone rep told me he would waive the $35 "startup" fee. But it showed up on my first bill.

I'm sure if I call and complain they will remove the $35. But I am afraid if I call and they look up the account, the phone rep will give me the 3rd degree since I am using it on my Iphone (even my online account lists "Iphone" as the current device.

Should I call and get the credit. Or just "let sleeping dogs lie" and suck it up and pay?

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I bought a used 3G....already have a cell phone under contract with Verizon, so only wanted/needed data.

After studying various forums ordered the Blackberry Data Only SIM from ATT. Works fine (have gotten a few of the "wrong plan" SMSs/emails, but all seems ok).

When I ordered, the phone rep told me he would waive the $35 "startup" fee. But it showed up on my first bill.

I'm sure if I call and complain they will remove the $35. But I am afraid if I call and they look up the account, the phone rep will give me the 3rd degree since I am using it on my Iphone (even my online account lists "Iphone" as the current device.

Should I call and get the credit. Or just "let sleeping dogs lie" and suck it up and pay?

Guy comes up to you in the street, takes $35 from your wallet, then says truthfully that you can easily get it back if you ask.

Do you want $35 is the simple q.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.