Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
I've noticed that the rechargeable batteries I use with my Apple Bluetooth mouse seem to last only a few days. Meantime, the disposable batteries that came with the mouse when I bought it new lasted a couple of weeks.

Do you think it's the difference in the batteries, or a change in the mouse's power consumption?

stoid

macrumors 601
It looks like the rechargeable batteries are probably just not performing as well. How heavily are you using the mouse though? I thought that Steve quoted a time of 'months' in the keynote that he introduced the new Bluetooth devices.

thehuncamunca

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2003
NJ
most rechargeable batteries operate at 1.2V instead of 1.5V for throw aways
this usually doesn't cause problems but occasionally it can

i'd suggest getting some new nickel metal hydride batteries they should work almost as long as throwaways

iBook said:
I've noticed that the rechargeable batteries I use with my Apple Bluetooth mouse seem to last only a few days. Meantime, the disposable batteries that came with the mouse when I bought it new lasted a couple of weeks.

Do you think it's the difference in the batteries, or a change in the mouse's power consumption?

unixkid

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
??

ive had my apple mouse for almost 2 mounths with hard core usage and still have a full charge on the batteries it came with.

try turning ur mouse off when ur not using it, like when u sleep.

iBook

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
Good advice. Thanks.

I don't think I've been as careful about turning the mouse off as maybe I should; I thought I read somewhere that it automatically shuts itself off.

Did I imagine that? If I did read that, is it probably better to manually turn off the mouse by sliding the little door shut?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.