PDA

View Full Version : Battery Life and Apple Bluetooth Mouse

iBook
May 4, 2004, 12:18 AM
I've noticed that the rechargeable batteries I use with my Apple Bluetooth mouse seem to last only a few days. Meantime, the disposable batteries that came with the mouse when I bought it new lasted a couple of weeks.

Do you think it's the difference in the batteries, or a change in the mouse's power consumption?

stoid
May 4, 2004, 12:27 AM
It looks like the rechargeable batteries are probably just not performing as well. How heavily are you using the mouse though? I thought that Steve quoted a time of 'months' in the keynote that he introduced the new Bluetooth devices.

thehuncamunca
May 4, 2004, 12:38 AM
most rechargeable batteries operate at 1.2V instead of 1.5V for throw aways
this usually doesn't cause problems but occasionally it can

i'd suggest getting some new nickel metal hydride batteries they should work almost as long as throwaways

I've noticed that the rechargeable batteries I use with my Apple Bluetooth mouse seem to last only a few days. Meantime, the disposable batteries that came with the mouse when I bought it new lasted a couple of weeks.

Do you think it's the difference in the batteries, or a change in the mouse's power consumption?

unixkid
May 4, 2004, 12:44 AM
ive had my apple mouse for almost 2 mounths with hard core usage and still have a full charge on the batteries it came with.

try turning ur mouse off when ur not using it, like when u sleep.

iBook
May 4, 2004, 12:51 AM
Good advice. Thanks.

I don't think I've been as careful about turning the mouse off as maybe I should; I thought I read somewhere that it automatically shuts itself off.

Did I imagine that? If I did read that, is it probably better to manually turn off the mouse by sliding the little door shut?