Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingpin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Southern California
I've recently switched from PC to Mac. I absolutely love the Mac and will never go back. However, I'm looking for a streaming music service like Rhapsody, which I used when I had a PC.

I've searched these forums and only found suggestions on how to run Rhapsody on the Mac. By using Parallels or running boot camp. But both of these just end up setting up part of the hard drive to run like windows. I want to avoid that. And going directly online to the site and streaming the music doesn't work either.

So is there another site which offers streaming music for Mac users. I've googled it and cannot find any.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
What do you mean by "streaming" music exactly? Do you want to stream your music or just any music? What about Last.FM or Pandora.com or even iTunes internet radio. Streaming your own iTunes music can be done with SimplifyMedia or with iTunes itself if you're on a LAN.

Does Rhapsody have a particular feature that you want?

Kingpin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Southern California
What do you mean by "streaming" music exactly? Do you want to stream your music or just any music? What about Last.FM or Pandora.com or even iTunes internet radio. Streaming your own iTunes music can be done with SimplifyMedia or with iTunes itself if you're on a LAN.

Does Rhapsody have a particular feature that you want?

I don't want to stream my music. I want to be able to go to a site and have the ability to listen to any artist the service has in it's catalog without purchasing it. I don't mind paying a monthly fee. I want a service like Rhapsody that operates on a Mac. I used Rhapsody to listen to new release's BEFORE I decide to pay, and download it off itunes. Itunes only allows you to listen to a 15 or 20 sec portion of a song. I want to listen to the whole album before I decide if it's worth my money to download it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.