Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fire.tiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2009
Hi folks,

Just would like to know if anybody here have (or had) the same
situation like me.

I'm non US resident so it means for apple that I have to fax a
PDF document to the apple and only then they can make a payment (99 USD).
I did this almost 1 month ago and still did not receive activation code to became iphone developer (test on device, access to app store etc).

I have no problem with waiting but I just would like to know if I am the
only one who is waiting month to get the activation code.

I tried to send some emails but it seems that apple don't read them :)

I understand they are busy...but just would like to know if is here any
other non US resident who was waiting month or so...

I still have no activation code.

thanks

bytezone

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
I am not US resident too..!!! I requested for activation code yesturday and I got it in 5 minutes...!!!!

Did you provided all the relevant information..???

bytezone

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
To add on to my last post....unless you are an US resident /Green card holder, you cannot get paid. Hope you reliaze this..!!!!

fire.tiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2009
To add on to my last post....unless you are an US resident /Green card holder, you cannot get paid. Hope you reliaze this..!!!!

ehm..in 5 minutes?
I mean I'm not from the US. I'm from europe which means I can't pay directly
from the site but I have to fax a PDF form to Apple.
In my country is not iTunes store.

mraheel

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009

Why would they accept registrations from other countries then? Where did you get to know this?

jacekartymiak

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2009
We are a UK developer and we had to wait 10 months. Be patient. Things have been improving on their side. Their current response times are reasonable considering the fact they have been deluged with applications.

jpyc7

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Although Apple does take some time to approve/accept, it's good for the consumer. If someone ever does try to get malware into the store, then Apple has some verifiable information to help with tracking down the perpetrator.

I would guess if you live in a near-lawless country, like Somalia, then you probably could never get accepted into the program.

bytezone

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
I should have been more clear here...

Only if you live in US then you should either be US citizen or GC holder to get paid..!!!

Why would they accept registrations from other countries then? Where did you get to know this?

fire.tiger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2009
Well I'm not from Somalia. Just central europe. But we don't have iTunes store here. OK I'll be patient.

Thanks for your comments.

btw. 10 months waiting for UK developer sounds really long time...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.