Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fiercehairdo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Mobile me seems to spend a lot of time syncing my contacts, calendars and bookmarks even though often none of these data sets have been changed so in theory there is nothing to update. Yet it chugs away often for extended periods. Why is this? What is it doing?

I'm concerned that it is undermining my system performance whilst constantly busy trying to sync to mobile me.

Other relevant info: I sync all my contacts and calendars with Entourage. Mobile me is set to sync automatically. I sync with my Power Mac, my Power Book and my iPhone.

Thanks

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
I think that it may just be checking the various places that your information is, comparing it to see if there are any changes.:)

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
LOL. People complained when MobileMe didn't sync frequently enough for their liking and now complaints are coming in that machines are checking and comparing too much to see that they are fully synced at all times? Talk about pleasing all the people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.