Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Lost in Thought
Hello,

What's a simple workflow for removing the telecine on the HF100 when shooting 24P in FCP? Until now, I've shot mainly 30P, but I want to start shooting 24P so I can get videos into DVD in progressive form.

A while back, another member posted this link for telecine removal on the HV20. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2410?viewlocale=en_US
But for the HF100, I would think I'd be using "Log and Transfer" to turn AVCHD into ProRes on import, so I'm not sure exactly what the workflow would be from there.

Also, I wonder if converting to ProRes before removing the telecine could introduce some sort of artifacts. Is this the case?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Lost in Thought
you log and transfer, then remove the pulldown from the ProRes files using Cinema Tools or Compressor.
Thanks, bigboss.
Would you suggest using Compressor or Cinema tools? The link I posted said to remove the telecine individually from each clip if using Cinema tools, but I would want to submit a batch of a bunch of clips. Can I do this in Cinema tools? Which app has the easiest/fastest workflow for telecine removal?

Chris7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Lost in Thought
Hello,

I didn't mean to just ask bigbossbmb...

Does anyone else have a preferred workflow for how to do this?

Thanks,
Chris

Edit: I got it to work. Problem was I had "Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames" checked on the "Log and Transfer" settings. I unchecked this, reimported the footage, did the Compressor workflow outlined in the attached link, and it works fine (as far as I can tell so far).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.