PDA

View Full Version : WWDC Hardware Announcements?

dbomb7
May 4, 2004, 01:30 PM
Anyone hear of any new hardware updates that are going to be announced at the WWDC?

Mr. Anderson
May 4, 2004, 01:46 PM
and there off!.....

let the speculation begin :D

No real rumors yet - but there are a few items that a really needing an update, so its really anybodies guess whether they'll wait till WWDC or not.

D

Dreadnought
May 4, 2004, 02:03 PM
rumors rumors rumors rumors
What have I missed them! They where the only reason why I signed up to this forum. I hope there are no new/faster G5's, because then a whole lot of folders are passing me, while I just past them with my ole' G5 :D

aswitcher
May 4, 2004, 02:16 PM
Anyone hear of any new hardware updates that are going to be announced at the WWDC?

Well my thoughts... iMac update before or at WWDC... Unlikely to be G5 because of PB but then again, its been a while so G5 is a shot for the iMac in a new form factor...

New iPods?

wdlove
May 4, 2004, 02:32 PM
rumors rumors rumors rumors
What have I missed them! They where the only reason why I signed up to this forum. I hope there are no new/faster G5's, because then a whole lot of folders are passing me, while I just past them with my ole' G5 :D

I realize that you are kidding Dreadnought. ;) Willing to give give your concept a try, a negative that turns positive. So far the only safe bet is the Power Mac Rev. B G5. I think that we will see at least 3 GHz, Steve seems to be a man of his word.

I'm sure that for the cause of medical science you will allow the chance. The day will come that you will purchase a new G5/G6!

Dont Hurt Me
May 4, 2004, 02:40 PM
New imacG5 or whatever cause you just cant keep selling slow G4s forever so thats a must show as is rev-b powermacs. Apple has to get the G5 into more products otherwise it would have been a waste of time to design a g5 for only powermac. Everyone knows that to buy a G4 desk machine means you are going to sacrifice performance vs any wintel so i expect a new G5 machine to help spur sales. a bumped up G4 isnt going to do much to increase imac sales and i think if apple was going to just bump the imac we would have seen it. expect a new G5 based consumer machine and if im wrong ill Macslap my Quicksilver! Jobs has to do something to turn around his meager marketshare and slow selling desk tops.

jeremy.king
May 4, 2004, 04:37 PM
I doubt we'll see new consumer machines during a developer conference. But, I would love to see SJ spend his time on promoting the updates to XCode and developer tools, then near the end of his demo...he stops...pauses...then says...

These apps are going to fly on the new dual 3Ghz G5 powermac!

Also still waiting for bigger iPods. would love to see them in sizes of 15/30/60.

A man can dream.

PowerMacMan
May 4, 2004, 04:44 PM
I doubt we'll see new consumer machines during a developer conference. But, I would love to see SJ spend his time on promoting the updates to XCode and developer tools, then near the end of his demo...he stops...pauses...then says...

These apps are going to fly on the new dual 3Ghz G5 powermac!

Also still waiting for bigger iPods. would love to see them in sizes of 15/30/60.

A man can dream.

An excellent way to introduce the PowerMac G5 3Ghz

JOD8FY
May 4, 2004, 05:22 PM
New iPods?

New iPods? They're one of the last things that need updates! Here's my thoughts:

What I want to happen: (1) iMac G5 - this would be a much needed and (really nice) update. (2) Dual 3 Ghz Powermacs (I still don't think ole' Stevie's gonna let us down)

What I think will happen: New iPods :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JOD8FY

Grimace
May 4, 2004, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind that Steve Jobs said that Apple was moving away from making big hardware releases at the two big conferences. Hence disappointment by some at the last one in January.

Things may be a little more spread out as he weens us off of those (formerly) product-release events. Makes sense, if Apple finished a major new product in May, many would not expect it to be released before the summer conference. Now, when they are ready, they are ready - let's tell everyone!

I really applaud this move away from MWs - it keeps us guessing/surprised (remember PBs and Ibooks?) and takes the pressure off of them to release a flood of products twice a year.