PDA

View Full Version : Put Panther on iPod for School = Problems

The Bartender
May 4, 2004, 02:58 PM
I know I'm crazy for doing this but I loaded System 10 on my iPod so that I could use it at school where I use a 500mhz G4 running OS 9.2... Well, It worked great at my house and it even worked fairly decently here at school (which is where I'm posting from) but the issue is that whenever I "eject" my iPod fromt he computer an apple appears on the ipod then goes away in a flash and comes back which makes me think that it starts to load 10.3, but then loads the iPod OS since it's not connected to a computer. And now, although my songs show up in itunes and all that, they dont show up when I try to play them on the iPod. My playlists are gone, all songs are gone. The OS still works perfectly but the songs just arent showing up even though I know they are on the hard drive. What could I do to fix this or reset the iPod or whatnot? I need help.... and portable music.

kgarner
May 4, 2004, 03:30 PM
I believe the iPod stores the songs differently then it sores files in the directory. What appears to be happening is that you music is loaded in the OS X file structure somewhere, which would be why they show up on iTunes, but the iPod can't see them. Try to sync iTunes to it and remove the songs from the OS X file structure. This should allow the iPod to see the songs and the computer to see OS X.

Horrortaxi
May 4, 2004, 08:10 PM
Let me see if I understand: You installed OS X on you iPod. Your music is in the iTunes library of that OS X installation and it plays in iTunes on that installation. But the songs won't play on the iPod. Do I have it right?

Those are completely different things. Plug your iPod into the computer you normally use it with (when it's an iPod) and sync from there.