PDA

View Full Version : Missing: iPod Mini

Koodauw
May 4, 2004, 03:05 PM
Well as some of you may know, my iPod mini fell ill to the static bug that was going around, and had to be sent off to Apple to be nursed back to health. Well I Apple decided to send me out a new one. The problem is that it has not arrived yet. It was sent out via DHL, and was supposed to be a next day delivery. (as with most apple service deliveries.) Well it was supposed to have arrived on Friday, April 30th. No delivery. A phone call to DHL resulted in some sort of "issue" and it they told me it would come Monday. Monday: No delivery. A phone call on Monday told me that it was " In route" but hadn't been received at my local DHL location yet. Also the computer system was down for part of the day, and no further info could be provided. However they would put a "priority tag" on it and it should be delivered by 12:00 pm. Tuesday: Still no Mini. Two phone calls today resulted in a the package still being "In transit" I asked how an overnight package be "in transit" for such a long period, and all they could say was that it was un usual, but that they had no other information. I asked them if it has been lost or missplaced, and the told me that "That is certainly not the case, it is just 'in transit' still." They told I should wait again for delivery tomorrow, and if it hasn't come by then, I should call back then. They will not execute a "search" for it untill tomorrow for some reason. I have yet to call Apple as it is not their problem, but I am at a loss on what to do. I fear worst that I will have to order a new iPod and wait the 6 weeks or longer to get a new one. Anyone have any suggestions/ words of wisdom for me?

Versello
May 4, 2004, 03:21 PM
When it comes to mail, anything can happen.

I've had issues like this before. I'd wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and not worry about it. After that, then I'd worry.

Macmaniac
May 4, 2004, 05:05 PM
Be patient, and if anything really goes wrong then make sure DHL takes responsibility for its actions! Don't let them lose your mini without a fight!

baby duck monge
May 4, 2004, 05:50 PM
that sucks, man! at least their system does not say the ipod has already been delivered. by them still having it in their system (and knowing you're antsy about it), you will have a much easier time getting it taken care of if it cannot be found. keep calling them for as long as it takes and everything will eventually be worked out. good luck with getting it taken care of soon, though!!

virividox
May 4, 2004, 06:00 PM
im sure it just got bogged down somewhere and will probably make it safely soon enough. but if it is lost like castaway style im sure dhl will take care ofit.

rendezvouscp
May 6, 2004, 12:34 AM
I have a similar story, happened to me in October of 2003. My 40 GB iPod replacement got lost in a shipment of Apple :) and Dell :( computers to Boeing (?). Long story short, they (Airborne Express) told me that they had lost it, and I had to call Apple. Apple called them to verify it, and I got another iPod shipped, and had it in my hands in 4 days. Good luck, and stay persistant. It'll be okay!
–Chase

PlaceofDis
May 6, 2004, 12:48 AM
if they lost it then it is not your fault and they have to pay for the replacement, so long as there is an insurance on delivery, which i am sure apple does

Koodauw
May 6, 2004, 09:57 PM
Well DHL confirmed it was lost Yesterday, so I called Apple because the shipper has to put in the claim, and they said someone from a certain department would be contacting me within 48 hours. Well no phone call but I got a package from DHL today, and it was an iPod mini. They must of shipped out the new one with out having talked to me. I don't really know why they would, as the confirmed it was missing with DHL. Oh well got my Mini, a day later than I need it for a presentation though.

guywithsocks
May 6, 2004, 10:46 PM
Presentation, eh? Lemme guess...you would present it to the ladies and watch them swooooon at that anodized aluminum piece of glory :rolleyes:

cyks
May 6, 2004, 10:55 PM
Are you sure the one you received today was the new one...and not them finding/delivering the original?

I had a similar issue this week with Amazon...where they shipped my package on Monday, but somehow it was lost in the UPS system until yesturday. Amazon appologized for losing the package and re-ordered everything for me (free of charge of course)... well, as luck would have it- today I received the original package. Of course...now I'll be getting another one in a few days-and have to go through the return process.

Koodauw
May 7, 2004, 12:05 AM
Are you sure the one you received today was the new one...and not them finding/delivering the original?

I had a similar issue this week with Amazon...where they shipped my package on Monday, but somehow it was lost in the UPS system until yesturday. Amazon appologized for losing the package and re-ordered everything for me (free of charge of course)... well, as luck would have it- today I received the original package. Of course...now I'll be getting another one in a few days-and have to go through the return process.

Yes I am sure. The tracking/Airbill numbers were different. But hey, if another iPod Mini shows up at the door I wont be complaining.