Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zach007

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Arkansas
So iTunes will burn cd's and everything else and let you buy music from iTunes.. heres my question: Is there a program for mac like kazaa lite that lets you download music?.. or does everything have to be paid for? :cool:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
zach007 said:
So iTunes will burn cd's and everything else and let you buy music from iTunes.. heres my question: Is there a program for mac like kazaa lite that lets you download music?.. or does everything have to be paid for? :cool:

you might want to check out http://www.mac-p2p.com

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Just a warning...

Against the rules to ask or post about file sharing software...apparently some unscrupulous patrons use those kinds of programs to illegally download music....

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
Yes, there's a great program out there that lets you download music...

iTunes. Just go to thier store- pick out any song or album you want, buy it and download it. Couldn't be eaiser.

Oh, what's that- you want FREE? Well, lucky enough- iTunes has been giving away a new song each day this past week...joy.

iBook

macrumors regular
May 3, 2004
On a tugboat
appleretailguy said:
Against the rules to ask or post about file sharing software...apparently some unscrupulous patrons use those kinds of programs to illegally download music....

Is "file-sharing" construed as illegal? If so, what are the words to describe the legal sharing of files?

zach007

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Arkansas
appleretailguy said:

ooh.. yea i know, my friend wanted me to ask.... :)

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
Hmmm...the word is PIRATING...and Plagiarism.

You may wish to visit the sites the utilise the Gnutella network for the likes of for your "File Sharing" needs

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Anna said:
Hmmm...the word is PIRATING...and Plagiarism.

You may wish to visit the sites the utilise the Gnutella network for the likes of for your "File Sharing" needs
I doubt it's plagiarism...
plagiarism
n 1: a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else
and is presented as being your own work
2: the act of plagiarizing; taking someone's words or ideas as
if they were your own

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
iBook said:
Is "file-sharing" construed as illegal? If so, what are the words to describe the legal sharing of files?
In itself it's not actually illegal though that is only the case if you either own the copyright on the thing you're sharing (eg a program or song you wrote) or you have permission from the copyright owner (as is the case with many Linux distributions).

To be honest though the vast majority of file sharing is illegal (breaches the rights of the copyright holder)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.