PDA

View Full Version : imac internet sharing help please

paul800m
May 4, 2004, 05:05 PM
Hello there - i have scowerd boards so sorry if this is duplicated somewhere.... anyhelp greatly appreciated with following problem! Thanks loads.

Ok i have and snow imac running 10.3.3 broadbanded with acatel speedtouch usb modem. Works great.

I also have a pb g4 10.3.3 and an airport extreme bs.

I am trying to get the pb online so i have plugged eathnet crossover cable from imac to lan port on basestation. i turn imac internet sharing on and pb is online.

However its very tempremental and the pb losses internet conectivity all the time + on the imac when i enable internet sharing it goes off if i close system prefs. This is also a sporadic problem.

Any ideas?
Cheers
P.

varmit
May 4, 2004, 05:22 PM
Have the iMac plugged into the WAN port of the base station? Because if you have the iMac plugged into the base station in a LAN, or I think even the WAN port, I don't think your need a crossover cable. That might be your problem there.

If you set the Base Station as a gateway, All the information that gets sent to the Base Station will get sent into the WAN port and to the internet, which will be service by your iMac.

OR

You can set up the Base Station as a Router and use the LAN ports for just passing information from one computer to the other.

Look in the setting for the Base Station for Gateway and Router and setup your wires and computers acordingly. If you want me to clearify one or the other let me know.