Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lozzy1234567890

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
hello guys, i really need help as this is doing my head in. im using a macbook white model 2.4, and i have several programs installed, one of which is msn for mac, which i choose to use, and i have no need to change to another instant messaging program, so please don't tell me to use something like audium. my problem is this, i once turned on voiceover, and i realised what it was, didn't like it and turned it off, all good, except for one thing, every-time i get a new instant message, it keeps saying, "Excuse me, microsoft messenger needs your attention." is there any way of turning this damn thing off?? ive looked in voiceover, in the systems prefs, i looked in the voiceover utilities and i looked in the messenger prefs. i turned off every alert thing in msn, and i still get it, so i turned them all back on, and i have fiddled with stuff in the voice over, still no anvil, so i need some way of getting rid of this, WITHOUT reinstalling the whole OS, oh yea, i also uninstalled msn, with all the bit and pieces hidden among the system files, and installed the latest version, still there. my thanks goes to whoever fixes this without any hasty actions. thanks lozzy1234567890

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.