Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
I've been reading the documentation and googling but I haven't found a way of getting Parallels to start XP and log in with anything other than Administrator. I created a proper account in XP with admin rights which I was intending to use for the three or four applications I still need Windows for. However, when starting the VM I have to immediately log out and log back in with this username, which is getting annoying. I suppose I could just use Administrator for the apps, but I'd rather have a proper named user account. Anyone know if it's possible to configure the VM in some way so it uses a different username in XP?

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
If you want to login into another account, you need to do it in windows. Not with parallels. (you don't program you mac to login, you program mac os x for that). I don't know exactly where it is, but just search through preferences, or configuration (don't know the exact name).

Second, you can just change your username when you go to accounts in configuration/preferences and change your name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.