Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickyj182

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2002
Morehead, KY
For some reason all of the movies I have been working on now have "3ivx Trial" slapped all over them! How to I rid this nasty crap from my videos! I don't ever remember using a 3ivx.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
For some reason all of the movies I have been working on now have "3ivx Trial" slapped all over them! How to I rid this nasty crap from my videos! I don't ever remember using a 3ivx.
OK. Which video editor are you using? What is the origin of your videos? Which video format are they in?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
The new iMovie / My HiDef Cam / mp4

As you can see here (http://www.3ivx.com/download/macos.html), the 3ivx software is a Trial, which expires after 30 days.

You must have installed it onto your Mac to edit MP4 in iMovie as it seems.

Generally it is not considered wise to edit with such a highly compressed and lossy format like MPEG-4, it's best to convert the footage into AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec) during import into iMovie or a third party solution.

What kind/model of camera do you have and what is the file suffix of the video files on your camera?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.