Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
Ah OK, that seems right. Thanks man.

I'm also wondering if one is 3 x 500 GB platters and the other is the older 4 x 38X GB platter configuration. But it's kinda hard to say. the HD154UI if for sure 3x500 GB but I dunno what the HD153UI is. Hmm.. Oh well. I already bought 4 of the HD154UI ones earlier today while at the shop in Honda City. So now it's just academic wonderment I guess. :)

nanofrog

macrumors G4
May 6, 2008
Ah OK, that seems right. Thanks man.

I'm also wondering if one is 3 x 500 GB platters and the other is the older 4 x 38X GB platter configuration. But it's kinda hard to say. the HD154UI if for sure 3x500 GB but I dunno what the HD153UI is. Hmm.. Oh well. I already bought 4 of the HD154UI ones earlier today while at the shop in Honda City. So now it's just academic wonderment I guess. :)
I didn't look at the .pdf data sheets yet, so I didn't catch the error on the cache capacity on the website.

But the platter density is what I was wondering as well. Do you know the platter count of the HD153UI? That would give it away. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.