PDA

View Full Version : check out my new blog

aG1
May 25, 2009, 10:46 PM
http://web.me.com/arsenal707/Apple_Blog/Blog/Blog.html

id like comments and any information that would help me improve it. i just started it today but im not sure if i should take it live

what do you guys think?

TwinCities Dan
May 25, 2009, 10:48 PM
:eek: What happened to that poor defenseless iPhone!?!
;):p

aG1
May 25, 2009, 10:51 PM
haha i sanded it down cus i painted it black but then ended up removing the paint

italiano40
May 25, 2009, 10:54 PM
only one thing that the RSS feed link is on top of the searchbox
also i think you would want to take a look at jquery a javascript framework i think it would make your blog a lot better

Cabbit
May 27, 2009, 03:03 AM
only one thing that the RSS feed link is on top of the searchbox
also i think you would want to take a look at jquery a javascript framework i think it would make your blog a lot better

Fancy effects are not required to make a blog better. Its about a design that makes the content stand out and the content being well written.

In this case the design is nothing special but it does not get in the way of the content, there is no value to using jquery for this site add it would add nothing practical.

lloydh
May 27, 2009, 03:16 AM
From front page introduction: "Besides from news"

"from" is redundant

"The quality in an iPhone camera only lasts for a while then dies out."

Sorry but that's nonsense!

My advice in general would be to buy your own domain and then continually write original content - regurgitating the latest news / rumours and writing brief uninspiring (and factually incorrect) reviews of about-to-be-EOL'd products won't drive traffic.

I don't mean to be harsh, it's just that making a successful blog is not easy and original content is so crucial to traffic.

vivithemage
May 27, 2009, 10:04 AM
the background could be removed/replaced...looks a little tacky in my opinion.