PDA

View Full Version : iBook G4 logic board repair on ebay?

mikejtl
May 26, 2009, 01:34 AM
I have two iBooks with bad logic boards, which may or may not be caused by the GPU issue that so many G3s suffer from.

So I was on ebay looking for logic boards and I came across a couple of postings for logic board repair. It sounded like most of them will just resolder the points on the GPU, if thats the problem you have, if not they tell you they can't fix it and charge you nothing, or so their ad says.

The deal is you pay $50 over paypal, ship the computer cross country, they do the work ship it back and voila...

Has anyone ever done this? Is it a scam?

Sure paypal can protect my $50, but if I ship them the computer I may never see it again. Even though it's busted it's worth something...

Would love to know if anyone has experience with this.

thanks

tayloralmond
May 26, 2009, 01:39 AM
I don't have any experience with this, but I'd say your best bet (unless you find someone who's done this) is to check out the seller's rating. I know he/she would have to have a perfect rating for me to send off a computer to a stranger :D. Is there a phone number that you can call? I know I'd have much more confidence in a seller if I can talk to them on the phone.