Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t^3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2001
I'm sorry, but I felt like I needed some place to rant. I sent my PowerBook in to my local Apple Store on the 24th to replace the LCD (for white spots and stiff hinge), top case (for loose trackpad), and logic board (for electrical noise and stuttering graphics). I was given an estimated completion day of the 28th, but they are still waiting on one more part to arrive (they didn't mention which exactly), because it's on backorder and they have no idea when it'll be available. Has anyone experienced (or is experiencing) a similar problem, and does anyone think I might be able to get a new PowerBook? Hopefully the missing part is the logic board and with the new model out, perhaps they don't have any of the old ones anymore, and they'll have to either put in a new 1.5GHz logic board, replace my PowerBook, or refund my money.

Coolvirus007

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2004
Tokyo
WOW - that is a lot of problems. The quality control guy in China must have gone for leak while that pb passed through the manufacteuring line. I hope everything turns out well soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.