Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I currently have a black macbook that I bought in late 2007. I love the color so much and I just feel like I never want to buy another macbook and/or macbook pro because the aluminum feels plain.
Anyone think that black can come back in aluminum or am I reaching too far?

Hail the black macbook!

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
I currently have a black macbook that I bought in late 2007. I love the color so much and I just feel like I never want to buy another macbook and/or macbook pro because the aluminum feels plain.
Anyone think that black can come back in aluminum or am I reaching too far?

Hail the black macbook!

I'd really love to see a black anodized macbook/mbp/mba but I don't think it's going to happen. I don't know if :apple: realizes how popular all black is.

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
I'd really love to see a black anodized macbook/mbp/mba but I don't think it's going to happen. I don't know if :apple: realizes how popular all black is.

I'm wondering about that. Was it popular? I'm a guy and it makes me look cool instead of girly with a white macbook.

Maybe I should change the question up a bit.

Is possible that black would ever come back?

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina

I love my BlackBook as well. If a black anodized MBP was released I purchase it in a heartbeat. Don't know if it will ever happen, but I guess it is possible.

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
I had a black MacBook, chose black because it looked more professional in a business environment. Don't know that black would be all the much better than aluminum.

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
I'm a guy and it makes me look cool instead of girly with a white macbook.
Try sitting around an executive conference table among all the Lenovo's with a white macbook. :D

I'd go for black any day. Not because of the PC snobs I work with... I just hate cleaning this damned thing.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If you would have asked this question a week ago, I would have said, "Not happening, you're crazy." But recent events have transpired me to rethink this. The fact that (a) there are rumors of the unibody line to be rebranded all as MacBook Pros, (b) rumors that the classic MacBook may drop in price, and (c) given today's update of better specs... maybe, just maybe, Apple will be keeping the classic MacBook around a while.

If they decide to drop the prices on the MacBook, I think they may reintroduce the black model. It may or may not happen at WWDC -- if it doesn't I wouldn't rule the possibility totally out of the picture, but if it didn't happen by this October, then it won't ever happen.

firewater

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I had black macbook that I ended selling it to my brother, I still wish I kept it but I needed money...I guess out with the old and in with the new, I really love my new macbook tho:)

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
How are these people still in business? Give me 450 bucks and I'll make your MacBook into a Terminator lol
"I'll be Mac"

LMAO :D I like the black MacBook also, for $50 I brought the Black Satin ispeck case, fits really good. Look just like the old black one.

macindork

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Try sitting around an executive conference table among all the Lenovo's with a white macbook. :D

I'd go for black any day. Not because of the PC snobs I work with... I just hate cleaning this damned thing.

My WhiteBook is an attention getter usually... mostly from hecklers saying "Why do you have a mac?" to which I reply "Cause I work on PCs all day"

dan5.5

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2008
i would love to see the black macbook take over at the 999.99 price... the white once looks so outdated.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I don't know how, but I constantly find little bits of crap all over my Macbook, I'm constantly wiping it off.

My WhiteBook is an attention getter usually... mostly from hecklers saying "Why do you have a mac?" to which I reply "Cause I work on PCs all day"

That's the most annoying question ever T.T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.